This course is an Introduction to the Geographic Coordinate Database (GCDB). The origin and development will be discussed along with an overview of the applications.
A brief discussion of data collection methods will be included, along with information about the various files and how data is stored and retrieved. Several practical applications for surveyors will be demonstrated.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the purpose, origins, and applications of the GCDB.
- Explain basic data collection methods.
- Retrieve various types of data from the appropriate files.
- Download GCDB coordinates into GPS units to identify corner search areas.
- Download GCDB coordinates to assist in cost estimates and project planning.
Each course has a study guide associated with it. The study guide is 76 pages and contains everything you need to complete this course. The study guide is included here as a PDF file for you to print.